This post is the concluding chapter to my best hit adverts from earlier in 2016, which every four months would track changing statistics. First up the United States of America had the most views this year taking over Australia’s lead from the year previous. British views also saw a sharp uptick almost knocking Australia into third. Canada followed in fourth I’m pleased to see and Spain and Brazil battled it out for fifth with Spain ultimately proving victorious.
Top 10 Most Views by Country
- The United States of America 1,712 Views
- Australia 1,145 Views
- The United Kingdom 1,120 Views
- Canada 312 Views
- Spain 181 Views
- Brazil 118 Views
- Germany 117 Views
- France 103 Views
- New Zealand 78 Views
- India 43 Views
Out of 57 posts published for the year the following 25 got the most views. I’m happy to see so many views for the post on the Kibeho massacre. That story should never be forgotten and those who were there should always be thanked for what they endured and accomplished. In 2015 the blog started to grow with 1,609 views, 333 visitors, 23 Likes and 30 comments. In 2016 the blog received 5,673 views, 3,206 visitors, 546 Likes and 751 comments. This was helped in no small part thanks to the support and interest from my fellow bloggers.
Top 25 Most Viewed Posts 2016
- Captains Reg Saunders of the Australian Army 133 Views
- Lloyd Marken: Sunshine Blogger Award 104 Views
- The Heroes of Kibeho 97 Views
- Eye in the Sky Is Pure Perfection 91 Views
- The Hunt for the Wilderpeople Turns Up a New Zealand Gem 87 Views
- South Vietnamese General Ngo Quang Truong’s War 81 Views
- 10 PICS FROM THE STICKS PART IV: FLAXTON MILL ROAD TO 67 Views MAPLETON FALLS AND BACK AGAIN
- A Quick Word to my Sponsors 59 Views
- Bad Moms is Pretty Bloody Good 59 Views
- Deadpool: Finally a Happy Ending for Ryan Reynolds 56 Views
- 10 PICS FROM THE STICKS PART V: LAKE BAROON TO 56 Views KONDALILLA FALLS
- Youth is Wasted on the Old 55 Views
- Star Wars has Returned to Cinemas and Our Hearts 53 Views
- Suicide Squad Will Test Your Will to Live 52 Views
- Batman Vs. (What the Hell was that V All About?!) 50 Views Superman Rant
- Sully: The Man in the Air 48 Views
- Star Trek: Beyond Covers Familiar Ground 48 Views
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is Papa Foxtrot Gulf 46 Views
- The Big Short: A Comedy to Get Angry About 43 Views
- Finding Dory Fails to Find All of Pixar’s Former Inspiration 42 Views
- Birth Days 42 Views
- Love and Friendship: Too Sorely Needed Attributes 40 Views
- Brooklyn: An Old Irish Tale for Our Times 40 Views
- A Brave New World with New Ghostbusters 40 Views
- A Couple of Nice Guys to Spend Time With 39 Views
One of the most interesting things I take away from the stats is that sometimes what I don’t think are my best posts still get interest if the subject matter appeals and in particular if there is very little on the web about something. Take for example General Ngo Quang Truong. Also if a film is popular a post about it will retain interest with examples including Finding Dory or Star Trek: Beyond.Whereas I’ll be sitting here hoping more Sully, Brooklyn and Youth.
Top 10 Most Liked Posts 2016
10. Love and Friendship: Too Sorely Needed Attributes 14 Likes
9. Lloyd Marken: Sunshine Blogger Award 14 Likes
7. ABFAB Still Fabulous Enough Darling 14 Likes
6. Bad Moms Is Pretty Bloody Good 14 Likes
4. Suicide Squad Will Test Your Will To Live 15 Likes
1. Captain Reg Saunders of the Australian Army 51 Likes
For Your Consideration
Finally I’ll quick just give a shout out to the posts for better or worse that I take some pride in writing last year.
My film reviews for Youth (mortality), Brooklyn (my windswept and interesting younger sister), Eye in the Sky (war), Deadpool (comedy) and Eddie the Eagle (the drudgery of working live compared to dreaming dreams).
My short story Birth Days, which received some positive feedback which just meant the world to me.
Out of the 7 hiking posts I put up I am most sentimental about the one where Karen and I first discovered Mapleton Falls of which later we would take her grandfather to and hiking with my sister to Kondalilla Falls.
If you have a particular favourite please let me know and I will endeavour to maybe write more like that although in the end all writers are stuck writing what best compels them if they are to have any chance of amusing others. I feel very blessed to be part of my small blogging community, I don’t always get to read as much as I used to and wonder how they manage to keep up with my output. A particular highlight for me this year was receiving a Sunshine Blogger Award. Effectively the awards are chain letters but I don’t care – I was chuffed and tell everybody now about my award winning blog. I am very grateful and thank you all.